Virtual training course “Gender Mainstreaming in Mediation”
March 10, 2021 - March 11, 2021
Virtual training course
“GENDER MAINSTREAMING IN MEDIATION”
10th – 11th March 2021
The objective of the course is to expand specific knowledge on gender related issues with the view to applying gender perspective in mediation processes, to deepen understanding of the role women could play in conflict prevention and conflict resolution, and enhance specific skills in gender-sensitive conflict analysis and mediation process design.
Learning Objectives –
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply gender-sensitive approach in conflict analysis and conflict monitoring by using relevant tools and skills;
- Differentiate the impact of conflict for different gender groups, and better understand conflict drivers, actors and dynamics;
- Design inclusive mediation processes and use various modalities for greater inclusion of women;
- Apply a range of techniques, practical measures and good practices to incorporate gender-relevant language in cease-fire and peace agreements;
- Address conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) while drafting and negotiating cease-fire, security arrangements and peace agreements;
- Deal with challenges in integrating gender perspective in mediation.
The courses are designed for mid and senior level political affairs, civil affairs and other civilian, military and police officers serving in peacekeeping and political missions of the UN and regional organizations (AU, OSCE, EU etc.), as well as diplomats, and those working in governments, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions. The participants will learn from senior experts and practitioners in the field, and the activities are devised to be highly interactive through discussions, Q&A sessions, group work, and hands-on exercises and assignments. The program is balanced between the operational and tactical level.
The courses will be conducted virtually via the Zoom software.
The fee for the “GENDER MAINSTREAMING IN MEDIATION” course is 450 EUR (550 USD).
Conflux Center is organizing a complemental course “Conflict Resolution and Mediation – Tools, Skills and Techniques” from 2nd – 5th March 2021.
The fee for this course is 900 EUR (1,100 USD).
The fee for both courses is 1,200 EUR (1,500 USD)
Conflux Center alumni are eligible for 20% discount.
Partial subsidy could be available at a later stage. Those interested in a partial subsidy should send their CV and a motivation letter not later than 1st March 2021 to email@example.com.
The specified times are in accordance with CET (Central European Time) / UTC+1 (Coordinated Universal Time) time zone.
The participants should be relieved of their regular work duties for the duration of the course.
The course is conducted in English and translation is not provided.
Upon completion of the course, certificates of participation will be issued in PDF, and a hard copy can be sent via post upon request.
For further information about the course, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +381 65 3081976
Registration is open until 7th March 2021 and can be done here: