- This event has passed.
Virtual training course “Conflict Resolution and Mediation – Tools, Skills, and Techniques”
March 2, 2021 - March 5, 2021
Virtual training course
“CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND MEDIATION – TOOLS, SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES”
2nd – 5th March 2021
The objective of the course is to develop a deeper understanding of ways to prevent, manage and resolve conflicts, and to enhance specific knowledge and skills in conflict analysis, negotiation, facilitation and mediation, which could be successfully applied in emerging and ongoing conflict situations.
Learning Objectives –
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply acquired skills in conflict analysis, conflict monitoring and stakeholders mapping by using relevant tools and techniques;
- Better understand conflict drivers, actors and dynamics, and identify historic, structural and proximate causes of conflict;
- Apply a range of skills, techniques and good practices in negotiation, dialogue, facilitation and mediation;
- Develop mediation strategies and inclusive mediation processes and use various modalities for greater inclusion of women;
- Understand and apply concepts of BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) and ZOPA (Zone of Possible Agreement);
- Design, facilitate and run mediation processes;
- Deal with moral and legal dilemmas which may arise in conflict resolution and mediation.
The courses are designed for mid and senior level political affairs, civil affairs and other civilian, military and police officers serving in peacekeeping and political missions of the UN and regional organizations (AU, OSCE, EU etc.), as well as diplomats, and those working in governments, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions. The participants will learn from senior experts and practitioners in the field, and the activities are devised to be highly interactive through discussions, Q&A sessions, group work, role-play and hands-on exercises and assignments.
The courses will be conducted virtually via the Zoom software.
The fee for the “”CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND MEDIATION – TOOLS, SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES”
course is 900 EUR (1,100 USD).
Conflux Center is organizing a complemental course “Gender Mainstreaming in Mediation” from 10th – 11th March 2021.
The fee for this course is 450 EUR (550 USD).
The fee for both courses is 1,200 EUR (1,500 USD)
Conflux Center alumni are eligible for 20% discount.
Partial subsidy could be available at a later stage. Those interested in a partial subsidy should send their CV and a motivation letter not later than 21st February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The specified times are in accordance with CET (Central European Time) / UTC+1 (Coordinated Universal Time) time zone.
The participants should be relieved of their regular work duties for the duration of the course.
The course is conducted in English and translation is not provided.
Upon completion of the course, certificates of participation will be issued in PDF, and a hard copy can be sent via post upon request.
For further information about the course, please contact us at:
email@example.com or +381 65 3081976
Registration is open until 28th February 2021 and can be done here: