- This event has passed.
“Political Negotiation Theory And Practice: Styles, Skills, And Techniques” Virtual Training Course
April 4, 2022 - April 7, 2022
Virtual Training Course
POLITICAL NEGOTIATION THEORY AND PRACTICE
Styles, Skills, and Techniques
4th – 7th April 2022
This course will cover negotiation theories and practices in addressing conflicts, with a special focus on new trends and actors in international affairs. Both interest–based and value–based conflicts will be addressed through the lens of cross–culture negotiations and identity issues. Developing negotiation skills will be our primary goal, hence simulation and roleplay exercises based on real case scenarios will comprise more than fifty percent of the content.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a range of skills, techniques and good practices in negotiation;
- Frame the problem (positions) and prioritize list of issues (interests and needs) for negotiation;
- Determine a minimally acceptable deal, i.e. the “walk away point” or BATNA (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement), and anticipate the bottom line (BATNA) of the other side
- Determine a bargaining range, i.e. Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA)
- Design and run the negotiation process;
- Develop negotiation strategy to create political leverage;
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses as negotiators;
- Deal with moral, legal and political dilemmas which may arise in negotiation
- Identify risks and opportunities of information and communication technologies in negotiation;
The course is designed for mid to senior level staff in peacekeeping and political missions of the UN and regional organizations (AU, OSCE, EU, etc.), diplomats, those working in governments and non–governmental organizations and academic institutions.
The participants will learn from senior experts and practitioners in the field, and the activities are devised to be highly interactive through discussions, Q&A sessions, group work, role-play and hands-on exercises and assignments.
The courses will be conducted virtually via the Zoom software.
Download the course program and more details about the course HERE
Registration is open until 31st March 2022 and can be done HERE.
COURSE FEE: 900 EUR (1,150 USD)
Conflux Center alumni are eligible for 20% discount.
Partial subsidy could be available at a later stage. Those interested in a partial subsidy should send their CV and a motivation letter not later than 18th March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The specified times are in accordance with CEST (Central European Summer Time) / UTC+2 (Coordinated Universal Time) time zone.
The participants should be relieved of their regular work duties for the duration of the course.
The course is conducted in English and translation is not provided.
Upon completion of the course, certificates of participation will be issued in PDF, and a hard copy can be sent via post upon request.
For further information about the course, please contact us at:
email@example.com or + 381 63 13 08 997