- This event has passed.
“Conflict Resolution and Mediation — Tools, Skills, and Techniques” Virtual Course
April 24, 2023 - April 27, 2023
The objective of the course is to develop a deeper understanding of ways to prevent, manage and resolve conflicts, and to enhance specific knowledge and skills in conflict analysis, negotiation, facilitation and mediation, which could be successfully applied in emerging and ongoing conflict situations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply acquired skills in conflict analysis, conflict monitoring and stakeholders mapping by using relevant tools and techniques;
- Better understand conflict drivers, actors and dynamics, and identify historic, structural and proximate causes of conflict;
- Apply a range of skills, techniques and good practices in negotiation, dialogue, facilitation and mediation;
- Develop mediation strategies and inclusive mediation processes and use various modalities for greater inclusion of women;
- Understand and apply concepts of BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) and ZOPA (Zone of Possible Agreement);
- Design, facilitate and run mediation processes;
- Deal with moral, political and legal dilemmas which may arise in conflict resolution and mediation.
The course is designed for mid and senior level political affairs, civil affairs and other civilian, military and police officers serving in peacekeeping and political missions of the UN and regional organizations (AU, OSCE, etc.), as well as diplomats, and those working in governments, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions. The participants will learn from senior experts and practitioners in the field, and the activities are devised to be highly interactive through discussions, Q&A sessions, group work, role-play and hands-on exercises and assignments.
Download the course program and more details about the course HERE
The courses will be conducted virtually via the Zoom software.
The fee for the course is 1,150 USD.
Conflux Center alumni are eligible for 20% discount.
Partial subsidy could be available at a later stage. Those interested in a partial subsidy should send their CV and a motivation letter not later than 14th April 2023 to email@example.com.
The specified times are in accordance with CEST (Central European Summer Time) / UTC+2 (Coordinated Universal Time) time zone.
The participants should be relieved of their regular work duties for the duration of the course.
The course is conducted in English and translation is not provided.
Upon completion of the course, certificates of participation will be issued in PDF, and a hard copy can be sent via post upon request.
For further information about the course, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +381 631308997
Registration is open until 21st April 2023 and can be done here: